Weapons charges provided for four Flint men, Hallwood Plaza shooter(s) not in custody – WJRT

30July 2020

FLINT, Mich.(WJRT) – (7/30/2020)-Four Flint males are facing charges in connection to this weekend's shooting at the Hallwood Plaza in Flint.

The Genesee County Prosecutor issued arrest warrants for all four Thursday.

Flint Police said around a thousand individuals showed up to a pop-up party in the Hallwood Plaza car park, on Clio and Pierson Roads, Saturday night into Sunday early morning.

The Chief discussed as officers went to close down the party, a fight broke out somewhere else in the crowd and several individuals fired their weapons.

6 people were injured, however are expected to be fine.

The Prosecutor said those 6 people shot are not cooperating. So, Flint Police is having trouble locating who shot them.

The Prosecutor is evaluating patrol car dash camera footage; but he stated, due to the fact that officers don't have body cameras, they require the neighborhood's aid.

Initial reports from Flint's Police Chief stated officers apprehended 4 people at the pop-party.

District attorney David Leyton released one charge versus three of them today for having a weapon on them without a CPL.

“Interestingly, one of them had been arrested at the scene, handcuffed and then shooting begun; and the authorities told him to take cover. And then, he took off with the handcuffs on, after police had his info and had the weapon that he should not have,” Leyton discussed.

Leyton isn't sure where those handcuffs are now. That 22-year-old Flint guy has actually not yet been re-arrested.

And, he said, neither have the other 2, a 25-year-old and 21-year-old. Both guys are likewise from Flint.

Leyton said the 4th male arrested that night on the very same charge, ended up to have a CPL. So, he will not be charged.

None of those four are accused of shooting their weapons that night.

However, Leyton stated they do have a witness who identified a 21-year-old Flint male, stating he shot into the crowd. It's not thought he hit anyone.

“I do not have information that he shot 6 individuals. I do not know that he shot anybody. I just know that he shot into the crowd,” Leyton explained. “So, that suffices for me to charge attack with intent murder, one count.”

He'll also be charged with felony gun. Leyton said this is really the third time he's facing this charge, so it's a 10-year felony.

Nobody is in custody for really shooting the six people hurt.

“The authorities are trying to find more info. And if they get it and bring it to me, then we'll try to make charges stick,” Leyton described.

He thinks more than simply six individuals were shot. He's received reports some individuals treated their injuries by themselves.

If that's you, he is asking you or anyone else with information on the case to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-422-JAIL. You can remain confidential.

The Prosecutor said he's also considering charges of prompting a riot against the organizers of the event, as soon as he determines who they are. That charge is a 10-year felony.

Copyright 2020 WJRT. All rights reserved.Source: abc12.com

Our Score
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Upgrade Your Listing

Add images, video, and more details to your listing! More information means more clicks. More clicks means more quotes!

Free listing includes: business name, address, phone, website, google map

Upgraded listing includes: business name, address, phone, website, EMAIL ADDRESS, COMPANY LOGO, VIDEO, IMAGE SLIDE SHOW, FEATURED LISTING PLACEMENT